Monday, September 21, 2009

Cody's Tattoo

Posted by KB

A couple of weeks after Kloe's first birthday, Cody (my brother) came out to our house to hang out. We were in the garage messing around -- Todd and Cody were doing pull-ups on our cool double chin up bar. My eyes were drawn to the inside of Cody's arm, just up from his elbow, to what appeared to be a tattoo. I immediately said, "Cody! What did you do?" because I know he doesn't have any tattoos. This got Todd's attention as well and Cody quickly pulled down his sleeve and said, "I don't want to freak you guys out." I had no idea what to expect other than he got some huge tattoo that went down half his torso. He pulled back his sleeve and Todd and I's mouths dropped. Tears filled our eyes next and we were utterly speechless. Wow.

Todd and I have received an incredible amount of support since we lost our little girl. It has affected people more than we could have ever imagined and the responses have been just as amazing. For Cody, who doesn't say a whole lot about it, to go down on Kloe's birthday and get a memorial tattoo just blew us away. So Kloe lives on -- and she will continue to do so in our hearts and through the stories we tell each and every day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cody surprised me too. I always hesitated for him to get a tatoo, but approve this 100%. Thanks for the memories and the love.

The Larsons said...

What a neat surprise. I think that is the coolest part, is you guys had no idea he was doing it. It looks amazing too! I think Kloe left her footprint deeper, and on more people, then you will ever know.

Tiff Calabrese said...

AMAZING!

Unknown said...

what a wonderful, touching surprise. Your brother is the best