Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Todd and Dad's Mountain Biking Adventures

Posted by KB

As you all could probably guess, Todd lost his mountain bike partner this year. . .in a good way. Well, not to worry, because Dad gladly stepped up and took my place. Not only that, but they have both cranked it up a level and go riding any chance they get. One such example was Memorial Day weekend. Todd had the long weekend off and they decided that if one day was fun to ride, why not four in a row? Am I the only one who sees the problem with this idea? Although neither one of them would admit it at the time, they agreed with me in the end – fatigued, sore muscles along with a few crashes makes a big difference in perspective. Boys.

I have to say, and Todd would whole heartily agree that Dad is awesome! He is 61 and goes at the foothills like he’s 31. He is in great shape and doesn’t let anything stop him. Some of Todd’s friends from work have ridden with them over the summer and they all ask, “How old is he?” So as modest as you are, Dad, great job on staying fit and having fun!! You set a good example for us all to follow.

My Mom and I have enjoyed hiking the foothills while the guys ride. The views of the Boise valley are amazing from up high. But as the summer progressed and my belly grew, we took to the downtown streets instead – exploring the farmer’s market, and the green belt.

1 comments:

JF said...

Keep on riding. I can't wait to get back and ride with you guys. Better yet you could come and ride in Texas.