Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer Fun. . .Mountain Biking

Posted by KB

Todd and I have picked up a new sport (for us) this summer - mountain bike riding! We have enjoyed our road bikes for a number of years, but given all the foothills surrounding Boise, we thought it would be fun to try the mountain version. It is fun to explore different trails and a challenge to adjust to a different riding style.

Todd even got a new bike rack for the 4Runner. We fit in with the Boise crowd now! This is Rocky Canyon. You climb about 5 miles and 2,000 vertical feet to Aldape Summit and the tree line starts. It is famous for the annual Race to Robie Creek -- the hardest 1/2 marathon in the Northwest. Todd ran it in April. I think he's crazy.


Another favorite spot - half way up the climb you get a great view of the Boise valley. The best part about the climb up is the ride back down! Too fun.

3 comments:

Tiffany Calabrese said...

Looks like you guys are having fun with mountain biking!!! I bet it's a great workout!

The Larsons said...

Too fun! How do you get time to do that AND train for a MARATHON?!!?! Andrew told me that, and I just think you guys rock. I loved mountain biking while growing up... one of those things I hope to get Andrew into someday. :) Maybe Todd can talk to him for me. ;) You look amazing, btw, Karen... too fit! :)

Kaitlin Shetler said...

Oooh, mountain biking. I went yesterday...yep, sure did. I woke up, sat on the couch, and flipped on the TV. Someone was mountain biking.

Whew....I'm tired just thinking about it.