Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stories

Posted by KB

Todd is always saying to Konor, “Tell me a story.” Whatever response he gets from Konor, whether it be a squawk, cry or coo he will respond with a “Really!?” or “Are you serious?” It’s as if they are having their own conversation – which I suppose on some level they are.

The funniest and probably most priceless “story” happened a week after Konor was born. I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day and Todd and Konor were on our bed telling stories. They were literally nose to nose and Konor was taking in each and every word. (Luckily I was quick enough with the camera to get the picture.) I overheard just bits and pieces so I came out of the bathroom to see exactly what they were up to. When Todd saw me peeking over him, he asked Konor if he was ready to tell Momma the story they had been rehearsing. Todd started in with the series of events that had happened one week prior. . .”A week ago we drove to Boise, went to Momma’s doctor, got a test ran, went to the hospital to wait for the results. . .” About this time Konor let out a wail – WAAAAAAAH! Todd immediately responded with, “We aren’t to that part yet! That didn’t happen until we were in the operating room! You totally jumped the gun!” I was laughing so hard I had to sit down and hold my incision – afraid it would split open. Too funny and totally precious.

1 comments:

Taige said...

This is precious-enjoy---tonight Marley told me quiet.........hmmmm wonder where she heard that!!!! And she is not even 2!